Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another garden produces - broccoli and carrots

In the past weeks, the vegies and herbs in our community garden have been growing so fast that we can't keep up eating them.

I hate to see foods are getting rotten and not being eaten. We are now starting to give them away to our friends and workmates.



The first recipe for broccoli and carrtos that usually comes to my mind is something stir-fried and I feel like having some noodle tonight.

First-time planting the carrots, I think our soil is too fertile and too packed.
The carrots doesn't seem to grow to a good size but still tastes great nonetheless.


Broccoli, on the other hand, is doing so well. I can't believe the broccoli
is as big as the ones from supermarket, (but taste better). Very happy with the look and taste.

The answer to this would be a stir-fried hokkien noodle with chicken and vegies. Throw in some more spring onion and coriander from our herb garden, and bit and pieces of soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil. There you have it, a perfect, yummy and quick dinner!  

Stir-fry is something tasty, easy, quick and healthy but it is something too familiar that I hardly cook. I can't recall when the last time I made a stir-fry dish...shame on me! I think I should have made them more often...well, will do it from now.


Yummy, I first though about having half of the dish as I wasn't hungry...
turned out, I finished the whole plate.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment